Thread: Recall notice
View Single Post
      09-12-2019, 01:00 PM   #29
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Yes it seems to me that they are "low profile" paddle shifters. Also the steering wheel is comically thin compared to all my cars (heck it's even thinner than our minivan). I did pop open the hood to take a peek, and there is actually a LOT of extra room in the engine bay. You could pretty clearly see the turbo (which is teeny) and the electronic wastegate. I was still very intrigued with the active opening and closing grills. I wanted to see them open but every time the car was parked it was closed. It rained today so there was a lot of water.. at one point a whole rush of water spouted out like a spray. I was going about the same 30 mph ish, so my assumption is that those vents opened up and a lot of water got pushed away. Dealer is pretty slow, but very communicative. Apparently the parts could not be ordered until the car was physically in the shop. So they estimated one day, while they tore down the car ahead of time. I got a text today saying the turbo still did not arrive in this morning's shipment so expect another day. Guess I have to endure the super quiet, fat feeling X3. The way that the hood has two "bumps" on the sides it makes me feel like it's wider than even my minivan in the small parking garage I daily park in.

I did a few pulls in the x3, and it does actually feel pretty strong. It might have been the super sound deadening quiet and poor pedal feel that made me feel like it was a pig to start out with. Still.. I can't wait to get back into my X2!
Appreciate 0