View Single Post
      11-27-2020, 12:45 AM   #81
kaputt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i 6MT - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
This thread is the reason why car manufacturers don't make fun sporty cars any longer.
Anytime a manufacturer dares to make anything half reasonably fun for those enthusiasts for a reasonable cost (REASONABLE COST is the key word here), enthusiasts will go to the end of the world complaining about EVERYTHING.

Why bother when they make money selling boring toaster boxes loaded with tech and a million horsepower to the 99% of people who will be happy to hand over their money. Majority of car manufacturers already stopped trying to answer to the car enthusiast unless you are rolling in money nowadays, they rather shit out another SUV to fit somewhere within their lineup of SUVs

Having driven a few of the 1st gen, its a great RWD fun car for the cost, that happens to be able to handle an everyday commute, carry 4 people in a pinch, do the grocery or school run, and not cost your first born to maintain. It is not perfect but the aftermarket is more than happy to accomodate you as well. What is there to hate for a 30k RWD coupe that can handle all that. Maybe a ND Miata is more fun, but it is also only a 2 seater.

Most people here probably have far more money to buy something nicer whether it is for fun or for the daily commute, but perhaps this car's target market isn't really you either.
This is so true.

And then you get clowns like the Lotus dude in this thread talking about what a pig this car is because it’s not his 1,800lbs Exige. Give me a break.

Quote:
I think it is, for the Civic crowd that finally got tired of FWD.
And this is why BMW drivers have a stereotype.
Appreciate 1
kyriian884.50