Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Have people stay at home with cold like symptoms? Never in history did we have people flocking in massive quantities for emergent health care in a situation that was 99% recoverable. Should we seek Fauci next time we have a tooth ache? Or maybe we stop trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

The issue is a certain "side" has turned fear into a virtue. Thoughts and posts like yours signal for the highest level, or at least buy into it.
I agree that people need to stay home when they have symptoms. Cold? Flu? Corona? Let's wait and see. Here we agree.

But with the rest we don't. Germany publishes it's number of available ICU beds, as do many EU nations. And you don't end up in one if you show up at the hospital with a minor fever.

So to simply say that it's just a tooth ache is indecorous at best.

As of Monday I will be under lockdown again. Germany had nearly 15,000 new cases yesterday, and the hospitals are filling up. Rational decisions drive the behavior of the heads of the German states. And the warning of health experts in US or elsewhere, who strangely all say the same thing by the way. As much as you and posts like yours try to make it seem political, it's not.

It's rational. There is a breaking point of the medical system, and the aim is to keep the infections below that point, while trying to stay open.

I project (just my opinion) that in the US this will also happen soon. Much like it followed the first wave in EU. Unless people take measures, which doesn't seem likely.
I believe you misinterpreted my intent to make it political, which I thought I made quite clear I didn't view it that way, but others have. Not sure how I missed the mark with my last paragraph, any insight may help. Or maybe, it's why you left it out.

The boots on the ground speak very differently than you are, have you by any chance sought the experiences of anyone directly in the medical field? Have you spoken to doctors, nurses and clinicians in face to face unabashed conversation? I ask because this is where I ascertained real world, non slanted factual information for me to feel informed to make my decision. After the fifth person I was well informed to draw my conclusions that I have yet to share.

We won't disagree the numbers of the breaking point, beds, hospitals and ventilators are easy. That requires little human interpretation or better yet understanding. Where the rubber meets the road is WHY people are there, should they be, and on what basis?

I'll ask this, since these with the covid are flocking hospitals, and we've seen 99% recovery, wouldn't we be logical to conclude the answer is health care and be inclined to ramp it up to levels that any and all could seek this same help? Seems the 99% cure to our current pandemic no?
Appreciate 0