View Single Post
      09-18-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
miss
Rep
Drives: bmw x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelInChicago View Post
We have had our 2016 X1 since December and my wife and kids really enjoy driving it. We have had few problems so far, but a few weeks ago, they started feeling that the ride felt harsher and more jarring compared to what it was like a few months ago.

Over the last few days, our local BMW dealer lent us a 2019 X1 as our car was having its rear bumper repainted, and the ride was so much more compliant and comfortable than our X1.

When we got our car back, we noticed just how uncomfortable the ride was and we think that maybe something is wrong. We tried driving the car in Sport mode but it did not make the ride any more tight, so maybe the suspension is caught in Sport mode?

As well, our X1 has 19" BMW factory wheels with Toyo Proxes S4 Plus tires and we even tried reducing the air pressure slightly but it made no difference. Is it possible these tires ride harder than other tires?

If anyone has experienced this or has some ideas of what is going on, I would really appreciate any advice or help.

Thanks
The same thing happened to me after visiting the dealership, they updated the software of the vehicle and the suspension has changed now it is soft and when putting the sport mode it does not become a little harder, as before
Appreciate 0