02-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #10
adi555
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
Indeed, it is interesting.

First of all, my approach always is to rotate tyres regularly to maintain even wear and replace as a full set. None of the research suggests this is incorrect and this is always the first point I make on this issue. So anything else is really second best and a safety compromise.

Secondly, once you read the details of the research you discover that none of them is unequivocal: the vehicle may perform better (more safely) in some situations with new tyres on the rear, and in others with new tyres on the front. The TCS tests, in particular, illustrate this and for the road situations that most Australian motorists encounter, it is clear to me the balance of outcomes favours fitting new tyres to the front.

Finally — and it is only the TCS tests that reflect this — modern safety equipment such as ESP and ABS systems plays a big (perhaps bigger part) in the whole issue but again especially seem to tip the balance in favour of fitting best tyres to the front.
Anyone has a guide on 4 wheel rotation? Also what about the Tyre sensors? Does that need calibration?
Appreciate 0