View Single Post
      03-27-2017, 01:10 PM   #13
SSR Performance
United_States
Rep
Drives: S55 -F80 / N54 -135i / N55-535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
Just called you guys to swap out my brake pads and bleed the brake fluid. Normally something I would do myself, but have a track day this Saturday and don't want to deal with fluid bleed myself during the work week.

Was told by the gentlemen on the phone that it was $350 for labor just to swap my pads out. Said it was a 3.5 hour job @$100 a hour.

That's ridiculous. I can do the pad swap myself in my garage in about an hour. You say no BMW tax, but I have to disagree with that one.
Hey Anthony,

I'm really sorry you feel that way. I am the one who personally spoke to you on the phone. When we say we don't charge the BMW Tax, we mean it. We charge on average 2/3 of what most other BMW specialty shops will charge you per hour of labor. With the Master Technician we pay to do the work on your vehicle as well as other overhead we are forced to charge book time rather than penalize ourselves for our team's experience and charge only 1 hour if it only takes us that long.

With that said, if you are able to do the brake pad job within an hour like you say you can it might not make sense for you to pay any shop to do the job because I don't see a shop doing it for a price that would make it worthwhile for you.

Either way, if you need anything else in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to us! I hope that this experience does not sway you from choosing our services again. We are always here to help!

Shah @ SSR Performance
Appreciate 0