View Single Post
      04-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
Glock 32
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Maybe not pointless... Basically $100.00 gamble if you are post September 2010 production (i.e. have the combox) that a software update will be available in the future (so, yes, pretty much pointless at this point anyway).

I picked one up today and it works the same as USB or the $100.0 cheaper snap-in adapter made for pre March production cars on my December production 550i.

Now hoping a software update will be available soon and give me full functionality (mainly video is what I am interested in).

The iPhone does seem to get warm, but that could just be because it is charging. Oh and the signal does seem to get better (e.g. 2 bars out of the cradle and 3 in the cradle).

I will probably not use it much unless I can get full functionality. So it is more like a $250.00 gamble for me, but I am sure I can sell it for a couple hundred making it more like a $50.00 gamble (see how easy I can justify tossing almost $300.00 out the window on something I'll most likely never use, LOL)... Or I'll just return it and complain that the phone gets hot.

Only thing is I feel bad about snagging up the last one that someone could use much more than I. So if your in NorCal, have 6NR, have to have it now and the local dealers all run out in the near future, shoot me a PM.

-edit-

Actually (now that I have Googled it); it appears you can already get 6NR software upgrade from third party and even the combox retrofit is apparently available from third party.

So it seems the media adaptor cradle is worth it (even pre September build) and if it is already possible through third party to update the software, I am hopeful BMW will at least offer a software upgrade in the near future (otherwise I'll just go third party for it)...

Last edited by Glock 32; 04-24-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0