View Single Post
      08-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #8
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

This is nothing new in BMWs after E46, specifically the turbo'd models. You're used to the naturally aspirated GO and for some reason they changed calibrations that include some tip-in delay on later cars. I traded my wife's X1 28i in for my M235i and that X1 had the absolute worst throttle delay. It was downright dangerous. I do notice it just a smidge with my 235 (8sp auto) but it doesn't bother me other than I can't really burn rubber from a standstill unless I try out launch mode. It is interesting to me that you have a 6MT and are feeling this issue though.

Honestly the throttle off the line is pretty good on this car compared to other bimmers and even other brands (Golf R I'm looking at you). I also did the ultimate drive event and smashed the throttles in sport mode on a 428i and a 328d. Both of them had severe severe delay. On one instance from a stop the instructor was like, "floor it!" and I said "I did!!" We laughed at the absurdity of the delay but it was pretty lame. I'm just glad my 235i is nowhere even close to as bad as some of these cars.
Appreciate 0