View Single Post
      09-02-2019, 10:33 PM   #26
gotturbo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
I honestly wouldn't worry about cancelling the dyno. If the wastegate overheats it's probably meaning someone beat the living daylight out of it, and then park the car so it gets really hot. Back in the day we had turbo timers to keep the car running for a good 10 minutes before it shuts down. The dyno pull is only a couple 3rd gear runs with massive fans running, and even then the car is still on and off moving it off the dyno. If my kids were just a teeny bit older I would be going in a couple of weeks.. the local MassBMW here has a huge meet and dyno pulls, but it's a super long day (waiting for the dyno) and I can't really just sit all day with the kids.
I remember back in the day I started hearing about turbo timers I was like “what? My 85 daytona turbo-z don’t need that shit!” I’d pull in hot, give it a few five grand revs and shut the key off before it even idled down. It never cared.. lol. I was thinking I heard that all that is n/a now. That the newer cars had ways of cooling the turbos built in to them. My 335i anyway for example
Appreciate 0