View Single Post
      05-31-2021, 06:00 PM   #24
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaI View Post
What can I say... To all the people that were saying you should have checked the coolant level...It was checked and added 3 days before the accident... Here it's a bit complicated to find parts and good mechanics since it s a fairly new car (in this part of Europe). I don't think it is normal to check the coolant level every 3 days if you have a car that is 2016+ ...There should be a warning system or something...I'll tell you what happened as soon as we get someone reliable here that won't reap us with their pricing... The official dealer here said just the diagnostics could be 500+ euros so it is a no no ... I know things can happen We were just expecting more from BMW that was advertised as one of the safest small SUV cars ( and as far as I can see many people would buy it for their teenage daughter for the same reason). If there is a sensor for windshield fluid I would assume that there is a sensor fro low coolant or at least engine failure that is about to happen ))
I agree. I expect more as well (this is my 5th BMW). I know the X1 is a cost-cutting BMW and they shave features to hit their price point. (i.e. only driver's side mirror is auto-dimming, no blind spot monitoring, etc.) but I'd expect there to be a coolant level sensor considering it's been a staple for BMW's for many years now.

In either case, I do want to say thank you for highlighting this issue... I checked my coolant yesterday and it too was dry / below the minimum mark.)
Appreciate 0