01-21-2021, 02:11 AM   #17
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanJ View Post
Maybe you didn't carefully read my post... the shoes slipped over the surface (face) of the TPE mats. The new mats was properly fixed on the car floor, they didn't slipped at all.
And, of course, I taken out the original carpets before fitting the TPE ones. 🤣

Moreover, the right foot heel didn't have any stable fixing point when driving and that was the second big issue that lead me to return the TPE mats.
Finally I found a non-OEM pair of mats, that check all the poins for me: made for X1 F48, raised edges, no smell, no slippery, easy clean. The price for all four mats was around 30 €.
After two years they are still in very good condition.
Yes, you’re correct, but the reason I mentioned that was because I had a call a while back from a friend who’d bought a set of mats for his new X1 and wondered why the driver side mat moved around. It turned out he’d simply put the mats over the top of the factory fit carpet mat, not realising about the Velcro fasteners.
Having said that, I am surprised your feet would slip around on the surface of the rubber mat because that’s never occurred to me with any footwear over almost three years. Good though that you’ve found some that are ok for you.
Appreciate 0