MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthaunt View Post
Hi Guys,

Back at the start of December I was in an accident and managed to write off my beloved Mazda 2014 CX-5, largely due to cost of respraying (gold base and multiple layers of red tinted lacquer).

I like the raised driving position of an SUV and due to budget constraints CPO was the only way forward, and knowing the reputation of used BMWs from my fathers experiences with them. I had tried the original X1 but found it quite small on the inside, but from my desperate quick reading to try and get sorted with a vehicle, understand the F48 is quite a bit more comfy inside.

Any hints and tips from you guys? Spec wise one thing I had to have from my Mazda was the reversing camera, which is quite rare in my price banding on any car other than a RAV4 (did look at a whole range of alternatives), and front parking sensors.

Ended up plumping for a sDrive18d in sunset orange with the parking assist and reversing camera, and the 8 speed automatic. Any hints and tips for adjusting as for the last nearly 25 years I've only driven manual cars?

Any must have accessories? (Coming with mats I've been told - as official CPO from BMW hoping it's official mats).

Many thanks for any advice or pointers,

Alex
I have driven auto and manual (stick shift) cars interchangeably for many years although I now prefer automatics (age and type of car being main factor). I would suggest that within a few days you will have fully adapted (although you may once in a while still try and change gears manually ). The main point is to remember to keep your left foot tucked away for the first few weeks, drive as you would normally using accelerator/gas and brake pedals. Because automatic are easier to drive, it is an easy conversion and like riding a bike you will still be able to manage a manual gearbox in the future. . Have fun and welcome to the forum.
Appreciate 0