01-26-2022, 02:20 PM   #9
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
As far as looks the Lotus looks pretty similar to the new C8 Corvette, at least from the front and sides. The Porsche will have better build quality I'm sure. I looked at getting an Evora and it felt kinda cheap. Don't know if this one will be the same. Personally I would go for the Porsche. Much easier to get service as well.
I have big concerns about the build quality as well. I am sure interior pieces will rattle and the sound the door makes while shutting will rival a taxi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
tough call.

another issue would be servicing and DIY ability. Lotus dealerships are few and far between compared to porsche. Not only that the rennlist community is massive with tons of DIY threads and members to help each other out. The motorsport community and knowledge base is huge compared to ferrarichat or mclaren forums.
Luckily for me, the Lotus dealership is about the same distance as the Porsche dealer. Maybe 15-20 mins longer but that doesn't bother me. Are you on FChat with the same name? I have a different name there but I enjoy that site as well. The AdamEllisDJ saga remains one of my favorite threads ever. When someone called him a Tarmac Terrorist, I almost fell over laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
You don't buy this or the Cayman for drag racing, so there is literally no reason to care about 0-60.

How is it underwhelming? You even said it sounds great. I've yet to hear any negatives about the engine or the powertrain.

Is BMW or Porsche any different? No.

Test driving an Evora would give you a good idea. And it won't be any worse than that, I'm sure.

Get a Cayman and an Evora for a spin round town and then you'll know a bit better.
The car is going to be tracked, so while I do agree that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it would be nice to be a little quicker.
The engine does sound great, so maybe you are correct in questioning my listed con. I wonder how it compares to the NA flat 6. Admittedly, I am not super familiar with the torque converter in the Emira, besides that its provided by Aisin AI. I don't know what people say about those.
As for the aftermarket support, I have never seen anyone complain about installing a CAI before, except Lotus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
Fun dilemma. Are you going to track the car? If so, there is much bigger aftermarket for the P-car.

Whatever you do get a manual IMO.
Yes, the car is going to be tracked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Emira is beautiful.

4.0 GTS looks pedestrian. Fork over the extra $10k and get the GT4.
I thought about that, but then we are starting to get into 911 territory after you add the 20k in options I am adding to the gts

Thank you everyone for your replies so far. It has given me even more to think about. General consensus at this time is to go Porsche. Keep the posts coming!

///M
Appreciate 0