View Single Post
      06-29-2017, 07:35 AM   #71
danielsan
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive 18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockwell View Post
Hi All, my X1 was produced Nov 2016.. I have similar driver side wiper issue as you guys. What I did to fix/work around the issue is to put the Wiper in service position. (turn on, then off power, hold wiper stick for 5sec, then wiper will up and stop vertical pos) pull out the wiper to tension the spring outward overnight... next morning, my wiper work perfectly.

I think this just stretch the wiper spring to lower the tension.
Ahh thanks neighbour (originally from MrsSauga) - I haven't been able to figure out how to get my wipers to Service position. I just brought my X1 in for servicing (recall notice) yesterday. I noted the same wiper smearing issue you all have (to be precise, it happens on the drivers side just at the end range of the passenger side wiper).

The service rep couldn't figure out how to get it to service position, and he also wiped the wiper with a paper towel - and it was dirty. I ended up cleaning my wipers for a good 10 minutes last night, there's a lot of dirtyness that keeps on giving - so I don't know if that's adding to the smearing.

I applied Aquapel yesterday and there is lots of rain in the forecast, so I'll see if the combination of AquaPel + cleaner wipers will make any difference.

Also, my X1 was produced in Dec 2016.

Last edited by danielsan; 06-29-2017 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: Production date
Appreciate 0