Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Would you give someone a break if you saw a KMA-367 plate or 10-99 and not even pull them over?
I wouldn't automatically assume that the person driving was a law enforcement supporter simply due to the plate/plate frame; criminals use those tricks & tactics too. Upon conversing with the driver I would decide whether or not to issue a citation based on a number of factors.
Had a buddy who had the KMA367 and swore it worked and got him out of many tickets (many times being 100+)... beginning to question it now lol but he also did have family serving.

Do you get pulled over and just get the pass since you are a law enforcement officer?
I would wager that having family was the reason why your friend received so many passes for driving so recklessly (...CVC 22348(b) for exceeding 100mph/CVC 23103 for reckless driving.....here in California).

Admittedly, I would only face major repercussions for egregious actions behind the wheel. That isn't meant to imply that I can act with impunity, but just like latitude can be shown to a civilian for infractions and some misdemeanors, the same applies to sworn individuals.
Thanks for clarifying.

Lastly, the rumors I hear.... does 100+mph get you in the back seat of the cruiser every time? Curious.
I can't say that an arrest would occur every time, but the officer making contact with the driver wouldn't be too happy under most circumstances. Allow me to paint two pictures for you to better help you and other forum members understand how playing with the variables potentially changes the outcome(s)......

Situation #1:

A California Highway Patrolman driving northbound on the 15 freeway encounters a "land sled" (...aka, a 7 Series, S Class, or other large passenger vehicle capable of making 100+ mph feel like 60 mph...LOL!) north of Barstow traveling at about 100mph; no other traffic or cars in the immediate vicinity. The CHP officer effects a traffic stop, and upon making contact with the driver he finds that the occupants in the vehicle are a married couple in their 50's who are on their way to Las Vegas for their wedding anniversary weekend. The typical dialogue occurs (..."Hello I'm Officer Bimmerpost! Do you know why I stopped you? What's the hurry? Etc.), and the license and insurance information is valid. The officer issues a warning or a cite. The couple are sent on their way.

Situation #2:

A California Highway Patrolman traveling southbound on the 405 freeway observes a late model Ford Mustang weaving through traffic at speeds in excess of 100 mph. The CHP officer effects a traffic stop, and upon making contact with the driver it is discovered that he is a 25 year old male with priors for exhibition of speed, and his license is suspended. The typical dialogue occurs, the driver is removed from the vehicle and subsequently arrested on various violations. The Ford Mustang is impounded subsequent to CVC 22651(h), the authority to store or impound a motor vehicle in relation to an arrest.

In both instances, the drivers are traveling in excess of 100 mph, but other variables/factors would be considered that would change the officer's actions.
Got it. Lol @ land sled and how an officer would call it that. In situation 2 the person did have a suspended drivers license so I would also myself safely assume he is going to get put in the slammer due to his actions.

I'd be more concerned what would happen say if on the 15 you encounter an open patch and no traffic and you just hit 105mph for a second or two with no other cars around and the lights come on. Clean record and all. Guessing a citation only ?
Appreciate 0