View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 09:03 PM   #12
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginster6 View Post
being the boss is always good. I own 2-1/2 different companies.

Only problem the staff will never work as hard as you. so most of the times you end up doing it.
Precisely. But then again, why should they? I'm not suffering from any delusional thoughts that they care about my business like I do, and they aren't frankly compensated to care the same as I do. Care, yes, just not to the same extent.

Which is why it is exhausting at times.

For example, the last 50-60 tax returns I just went through, I'd say at least half had little errors in them. Generally not the same one over and over, but I would either correct it (after I called the client to get the missing info) or I'd give it back to them to correct it so that they can learn from it if I thought it was repeating. These are errors that maybe saved the client $400 - $800 on average I'd guess and they are also errors that the client would never ever notice. I *could* have just processed them as is and not corrected anything and it would have saved me a lot more time instead of me working till about 11pm every night in April M-F, and during the day on Saturdays. I *could* have. But I can't really, because I care. They don't. But I know that, and prepare for it.

Ultimately, having staff can sometimes be a bit like adult babysitting. But when you do too much of it, its time to cut the umbilical cord and let the adult go to other opportunities.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615481.00
Alfisti6555.00