04-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #36
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
I love my X1 Xdrive2.8i

I still don't understand the nonsensical nomenclature the Germans are giving to vehicle these day. 2.8 with a 2.0L ?

It's not getting the credit it deserves, not from BMW afionados anyway.

It's front wheel drive based like the Mini but with X drive, it can route all the power to the rear wheel.

It's got more passenger room than the X3 in 4 of 6 categories.

It's still made in Germany (if that matters anymore) and it's a lot less expensive than the X3

Also, my car's standard front seats do not look anything like the pictures shown. The bottom cushions are much longer. They're not extendable like the M Sport version but a lot longer than the American and Japanese counterpart.

The only 2 things I was disappointed were lack of standard Apple Car Play for 2018 model and the cheap steering wheel "leather" (non M Sport model)

I would caution anyone buying not to get overzealous on the options as it will jack up the price to above X3 territory.

It's worth considering an X1 if you're shopping for a Honda, Toyota, GM, Ford, Chrysler products at $30K+

Maybe you can buy one for your maid or your gardener so it looks good in your driveway.
Attached Images

Last edited by GenXer; 04-12-2019 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: added image of front seat
Appreciate 0