12-11-2016, 08:47 PM   #2
m2tek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Hi Everyone, my M2 is my first BMW. So far, I'm loving it! Questions for all you BMW veterans:

1) When I first fire up the car, I get a BS legal screen that pops up on the infotainment screen. I have to click the i-drive to "OK" the message and confirm that I'm not going to drive off into a ditch while reading my e-mails or something. OK, is there any way to not have that screen show up each and every time I start the car?

2) After I "OK" past the legal start-up screen, I'm taken to a second screen that asks me to select which driver I am based on my key. Driver 1 is set to me and my key, driver 2 is set to my wife and her key. Any way to bypass this screen? I mean, if it's just me in the car with just my key in my pocket, cant it figure out that it's me and adjust to my settings?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
1 - I agree it is annoying. I believe the only way to get rid of it is to get someone to code it off for you. There is no option to disable it in the normal user interface.

2 - At the bottom of the profile screen where you select the profiles, there should be a check box to not show it at startup.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50