View Single Post
      01-09-2023, 02:01 PM   #94
chicagob5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavus View Post
Personally not buying safety and lux arguments. Comfort is also questionable unless you are using it only in small town and local roads. I lived in Buffalo for several years and drove Nissan Sentra at the time without issues during winter. Never got stuck or had vehicle damaged even on country roads. Most cars rolled over in a ditch were trucks and suvs.

Luxury is also not associated with high CG, excessive roll, sloppy handling, harder to maneuver vehicles. Think RR cars and S class.
Luxury is subjective. If your benchmark of luxury is Rolls or S class, then thats fine. I would consider my truck to be a luxury vehicle with the amount of features and amenities it has.

I could drive a Nissan Sentra with all seasons and be just fine, but does that mean it's the most capable winter vehicle you can buy? How much effort did it take you to get where you wanted to go vs someone in a Ford Raptor, for example?

People will spend money on things that make their lives easier and after trading in my F80 M3 for a Ford F150 a few years ago, I can honestly say that I'd never had a vehicle that's made my life easier than the truck has. I even got a 8 yr 100k mile first party warranty on it which makes it the cheapest vehicle I've ever owned from a cost of ownership perspective.

Worth mentioning that with a huge cabin, 35" tires, and over a foot of suspension travel, it's also the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned
Appreciate 1
dscabra4966.00