07-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
SpeedballTrix
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT SBM/CBL; 2022 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by e82mon View Post
haha nice man, im gonna have to swing by there sometime and get back into ballin... i used to be so hardcore... good times! yea arena is a cool field to play at.... however i know what u mean by the arrogant little kids... they can be crazy sometimes.... i always wanted to get a team together and enter some of the speedball tourneys they have... those are always great fun
I played local tourneyball from 98-01, at which point a couple of my teammates lost interest and I just lost touch with the others.
I played occasionally for a few years after that and then went on a four year hiatus until 07 when my RC buddy decided he wanted to try it out.
I brought him out to cousins in happague and he went and ordered his PM7 the next day. So, I snagged my Droid and we never looked back.
Until about a year (and an 08 Ego) later when he couldn't really afford to play anymore, so it was back to only playing occasionally.
Now our interest has been renewed, he's got himself a Cyborg RX and we're hoping to get a 3-man local or preferably 5-man PSP team together. We've spoken to a couple guys at Arena recently and we had some contacts from back in the day.
If you are down there this Wednesday gimme a shout. We'll be there almost for certain (Ill let you know if we're not) and generally we're there 3-4 tuesdays a month (depending if the monthly bills left any cash).
If we do get a team together we plan on drilling on weekends, probably saturday afternoons.

We're aiming for a serious go at World Cup this year and would love to have a team together and practiced enough to play an event or two before cup.
Appreciate 0