09-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #16
JRobUSC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
Jaguar will sell you a better looking, better sounding and equally powerful F-Type V6S roadster with a manual. This Z4 is DOA.
I had a Z4 35is. Blast away, but I loved the car, and of the dozen+ cars I've owned, most of which were BMW's, I've never enjoyed one more or had more positive reactions from people who saw the car. This car makes me happy in all the ways that car did.

No manual, yeah that's a deal breaker for some, but the majority of people aren't getting the Jag in a stick, so it doesn't matter to most people. I wouldn't be getting the stick, just like most people wouldn't be.

Better looking is subjective. The Jag is nice looking but it's been around awhile. I happen to really like the look of the Z4 M40i, especially in the Frozen Gray I'd be getting it in.

Better sounding, maybe, but the M40 sounds pretty darn good in the videos I've seen, and in the X3/X4 M40 models I've driven (my current 340 sounds pretty nice, too).

Equally powerful? Ehhhhh, maybe on paper. The Jag V6S isn't nearly as quick as the power numbers suggest. Maybe it's BMW underrating their engines or Jag overrating theirs, or maybe it's the hundreds of extra lbs in the portly Jag, I don't know. Whatever the reason, I know the F Type V6S isn't quicker than an M2, though, and the Z4 M40 is.

To me, the new Z4 M40i looks great inside and out, has all the cool new tech, outdrives the Jag, and costs less. I'll take it.
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN16569.50
Neil00716.00