View Single Post
      10-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
BlackSapphireZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 GLE 53 Coupe

Push Start Button w/optional "anti-theft"

THANKS TO E46FANATICS!

before i begin, I will say, it's not pretty. I am the first one to fit the Altima push start button in and it was bigger than I thought or the Cig lighter area was smaller than E46 where I got the idea from. so I had to dremel out a whole bunch and relocated the Cig to the opening for "pass airbag on" light which is useless and I use Cig lighter to charge stuff more.

Anyway, this was my install and you can do it with ANY OTHER BUTTON out there as long as you use a proper relay and wiring(18gauges was recommended) S2000 is a popular one, Z8, Altima/Infiniti buttons... I liked the Altima because it lights up...kinda cool and feels better than S2000, which I had experience with before.

ALL you have to do is follow the DIY(IDENTICAL FOR Z4's) below for S2000, but for wiring on Altima button, it is also listed below.
***THE PICTURE BELOW SHOWS ALL PINS CONECTED. This is if you want to have LOCK/ACC/ON LED's on continuously. I chose to only light up ON LED...aka, I did not ground LOCK or ACC pin****
http://members.shaw.ca/banana_bread/...nestartdiy.htm

and some of my pix and vids

part number(about $36 shipped from HerbGordon Nissan in MD)

what it looks like at night, I DID NOT connect Lock and Acc LED's because it would look stupid when the car is on, to have LOCK and ACC light on.

In the Ash Tray

OPTIONAL
This is optional. I cut the starter wire coming out of the ignition(blue/black)
so the car can not be started using the key. Must put the key in ignition to ON position and press the button to start. Just prevents someone to take off in ur car "just incase" some may say it's not gonna work..yea they can always steal the car but it's just nice to have.