09-22-2022, 10:08 AM   #61
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I disagree actually. I think the majority of C63 customers just like Mercedes and the image the AMG projects. They don't care what is powering the car. Some may renounce the brand but most will be return customers with the new model. AMG customers have also never cared about weight or handling in my experience.
Probably a geographical & social difference.

Come to a major German or UK city and you'll find many fuckboys & douchebags in their C 63s doing real dumb stuff, and all have loud pipes too. They care about the AMG badge just as much as they do about the 4.0/6.2 V8. The crazy power of this boat of a C-class might still attract them, though.

I don't see those cars at the track, but I see quite a lot of AMG GTs being tracked. Bit of a different customer base for that one.

I could not have been any less interested in a C 63 than this one. Holy shit does it look uninspiring and akin to a C 200 AMG Line. But that's also due to melted-banana-look of the base car (and the previous gen sedan/wagon). Current-gen Merc design language is a miss, imo.