04-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #95
dscabra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Who cares what’s an M car or not - BMW clearly doesn’t, so we all shouldn’t either. If someone with a F32 wants to slap on a M badge or someone buys a M40i, then they can have at it - doesn’t bother me cause at the end of the day I bought my car for S55, DCT, and the unique chassis... not cause of a badge. In fact, the most offended person I ever ran into was the finance guy when I bought the car after trying to convince me that M cars are such unicorns and if I didn’t buy the extended warranty the car would ruin me financially with items like $5,000 brakes... to which I flat out told him “it’s JUST a car” and quoted the actual price of rotors/pads off FCP euro
Same experience when the dealership tried to sell me the maintenance package on my used G30. The look on they guy's face when I said I do my own maintenance was priceless. The pitch continued until I showed him this picture of the car I built in my shop and asked him if he felt that changing the oil on the BMW would be more difficult than building a car.

Or if servicing the //M brakes were any different than servicing these (aside from unplugging and plugging in new wear sensors):

At least on the BMW you don't need to assemble and safety wire the rotors, or maybe you do on a "real" //M? Parts is parts!

Last edited by dscabra; 04-04-2021 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 5
RugbyBro7601.50
Russ103308.00
Vivek.1367.50