Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmQuattro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
Ok, so this is a bit of an oddball question, but hear me out...

My question is, how livable is the F80 as a daily? I want a sportier, quicker feeling for the majority of my driving but I do not want a jarring ride or droning exhaust as clients will need to go in the car from time to time.

The F80 would likely get some cosmetic upgrades, MP exhaust, Bootmod3 it's tune. As a side gig I run one of the roll-racing events at Pocono, so the Porsche is perfect for top speed, I'm really leaning to the F80 as a daily that more fun than a Range Rover.

I do not like the C63, RS3, S4, Quadrafolio, etc. So if the F80 doesn't work, then I'd like just wait a bit longer and look for an X5M.
You might be a bit annoyed with the F80 platform - it's quite noisy in the cabin. Just seems like it's quite hard-core. I don't mind it, but we have pretty good roads and I don't drive far.
Compared to our Macan with air-suspension, it's really noisy and seems un-refined.

I drove an E46 back to back with my F83 and the E46 felt like a newer car - less noise and it seemed like it had less Noise Vibration & Harshness. BMW have made it intentionally a very hard-core platform.

You might be better off with a 550 or 440 if you have to take clients around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmQuattro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonigan View Post
Ok, so this is a bit of an oddball question, but hear me out...

My question is, how livable is the F80 as a daily? I want a sportier, quicker feeling for the majority of my driving but I do not want a jarring ride or droning exhaust as clients will need to go in the car from time to time.

The F80 would likely get some cosmetic upgrades, MP exhaust, Bootmod3 it's tune. As a side gig I run one of the roll-racing events at Pocono, so the Porsche is perfect for top speed, I'm really leaning to the F80 as a daily that more fun than a Range Rover.

I do not like the C63, RS3, S4, Quadrafolio, etc. So if the F80 doesn't work, then I'd like just wait a bit longer and look for an X5M.
You might be a bit annoyed with the F80 platform - it's quite noisy in the cabin. Just seems like it's quite hard-core. I don't mind it, but we have pretty good roads and I don't drive far.
Compared to our Macan with air-suspension, it's really noisy and seems un-refined.

I drove an E46 back to back with my F83 and the E46 felt like a newer car - less noise and it seemed like it had less Noise Vibration & Harshness. BMW have made it intentionally a very hard-core platform.

You might be better off with a 550 or 440 if you have to take clients around.
Or you might not be - I drive the F80 ZCP as a DD all year round (Sport + throttle, suspension, S2 drivelogic, MDM and Comfort steering my preferred settings) and shuttle passengers all the time - yes - it is sportier but not to the point where it is uncomfortable or unpleasant - one can always dial it down to comfort settings all around and it is completely fine.

I suggest you try to get a test drive and see for yourself - the "correct" answer is purely subjective.
Appreciate 0