View Single Post
      01-10-2022, 03:51 PM   #26
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Hi Everyone,
My 2018 Canadian X1 was ordered with the executive package and LED headlights. It came with the reverse and plate LED lights. I changed the rear turns to LED and front fog lights were replaced with high quality LEDs; I hired a programmer to add options and features to my car and unlock certain extra feature and also a separate program to modify my HP and TQ with my BMS Cold Air intake /intake system. I needed him to change the options to include all LED otherwise the lights would blink/flicker whenever I started the vehicle. He also erased all the factory error codes that were left in the system when the car was new. I bought it new BTW and fully optioned. The LEDs were full plug and play and a direct replacement for the halogens that the car came with. The Fogs were Weisslicht LED Fogs for the H8. You can also purchase the error cancellers from them too. Once you code the LED option and you can do this with Bimmercode too yourself if you have the ODBII connector, software and a laptop but it's cheaper to hire someone that know what they're doing. My LES fogs are as bright as my from LED headlights and exactly the same color. WeissLicht is a premium brand and these will last a long time and most probably longer than the OEM bulbs. I also installed 3M Clear protector film over the fog light housing to prevent stone chips and breaking. I also put the same protective film over my headlights to protect them from chips and cracks and yellowing. I have the same film on the front portion of the hood too. I highly recommend doing this because fogs tend to break/crack and I don't have to polish the headlights to remove oxidation. I also added the M logo LED light projectors under the front doors that illuminate under the doors at night.
Appreciate 0