M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Just take it in under warranty, let them sort it.
If only life were so simple!!! Wafik's old E93 was in the dealer for that long trying to get this problem fixed, they eventually had to replace his car!

There is a balance between how long you let them keep trying for before you just think f*&k it and have the car back again.

My E93 would go in for a week at a time and the problem never got fixed. They always claimed they had fixed it (roof shell trims, roof seals, modified drainage pipes, replacement boot seals, the list was endless) but after a few weeks the cubby hole in the boot would fill with water and if I carried any paperwork or literature round in the boot it would always end up very damp. The underside of the bootlid was often covered in condensation and also the in back lights like the OP said.

The OP 'may' be lucky and the dealer finds the problem straight away. The weird thing is that I could jet wash the car and the boot would remain dry, but then after some light rain, an inch or so of water could have accumulated - no pattern to it and difficult mto remedy.
Appreciate 0