View Single Post
      08-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I think ALMS twisted the rules a bit to allow Z4 in and keeping BMW as a manufacturer rather then losing them.

I think the Z4 was allowed on basis that BMW does sell 4.4 liter V8's both in NA and turbo form. They also sell Z4. So combined two separate rules together and you have a Z4 GT race car.

I think BMW should take advantage of the Z4 GT race cars success not just in ALMS but all over in other racing series in Europe etc.. by creating a Z4 M coupe. This will put some life in the stale sales of Z4's. Lot of people would love to buy a 4.0 liter V8 or tuned N54 Z4 M coupe to the tune of 414hp or 375hp.

The Z4 is already a good looking car in a coupe M form it will look even more stunning. I also think it would be cost effective as they will not have to redesign the whole new car and engines. As 4.0 liter V8 can be easily put to use as well as N54 has a lot more left in the tank then 330hp. It can be easily and moderately tuned to the likes of 375hp/375 lb-ft of torque.

I know I would love to buy one and finally it will be a car that redeems BMW after not so great 3 and 4 series.

Listen up BMW make Z4 M coupe it will sell like hot cakes. All these enthusiast bored to death by boring cars one after another will have something to rejoice as they did with 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Carbon View Post
Can someone school me as to how the Z4 is even aloud to compete in this series? ALMS indicates that: "Production-based, moderately modified two-wheel drive race cars comprise the GT class". Seems like stuffing a 4.4L V8 into a Z4 is anything but production based and far from moderately modified. Anyone savvy with the ALMS/ACO rule book?
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 08-13-2013 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0