View Single Post
      11-29-2018, 09:57 PM   #2
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post
So, took the X1 for a test drive for my wife who is short (just over 5'). The test car has the sport seats that for me felt very good. For her however, the front extension that extends behind the knees does not retract far enough (like my M5's do) so she complained about being uncomfortable. The regular seats do not have enough lateral support. Why did BMW leave those extensions hanging so far out? Any solutions to this problem? She like everything else about the car except that.
Strange..we test drove more than a few x1's B4 buying our 2017 M Sport...we really enjoy driving it..took a long road trip 2500-3000 miles last summer, with both of us driving long stints...a joy. Wife is just a "tad" under 5 feet, we both drive with the extensions fully in. Only complaint is that the M steering wheel diameter makes it hard to adjust to see both the top of the instruments and the bottom info window at the same time..kinda have to "scooch" around in the seat to see it all...no so with our E90 3281 M sport..ergonomics engineering department must have been on a ski holiday out of Munich when the X1 interior design was finalized?
Appreciate 0