Rep
Drives: e92 320d sport plus edition

Garage List
2013 320d  [0.00]
1988 320i with M30B35  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ut3r View Post
Why can't we just license sounds?

I want my future electric car to sound like a freakin Tie Fighter.

Disney/BMW: opportunity for more $$$
As a sound designer / composer myself, I'm just glad that BMW are taking the challenge seriously & considering the urban environment.

Ben Burtt (sound designer of Star Wars) faced the same challenge Renzo Vitale has here, except that all he had to begin with was a artist's sketch of a tie fighter to work with & his imagination. The Tie Fighter sound is a car driving on wet pavement blended with the call of an elephant + doppler effects to create a sense of movement. Burtt created all the sounds of the Star Wars universe, including the languages for R2D2 and Chewbacca. He is a genius!

Hopefully Vitale comes up with something equally iconic. If not, screw Disney, just hire Burt to come up with something new.

If you want to look at companies not taking the sound of their products seriously, check out videos of Google and Amazon's delivery drones. From the videos you'd think they're silent as they remove the sound from the drone footage. The drones themselves are actually louder than leaf blowers.

Now imagine flocks of 100s or 1000s of leaf blowers flying around your city in residential areas... They should be banned by the EPA until the sound issue can be resolved.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17424.50