05-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
E92 M3 - Latest Mods Completed!

Got the latest round of mods completed on my car yesterday and managed to grab some quick shots. The first pic shows the car the day i bought it and gives an impression of how much it has changed!!

These are the mods ive done to date;

CF Bonnet & Boot Badges
CF Steering Wheel Badge
CF Kidney Grills
CF Mirror Covers
CF Side Indicator Grills
Eibach 15/12mm Spacers
Gunmetal OEM 19” Alloys
Front Window Tints by Pentagon
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
CF VRS Front Splitter
CF VRS II Rear Diffuser
CF Wheel Caps
LED Angel Eye Bulbs

Have to say im really pleased with the ride height from the Eibachs. I didnt want to slam it to the ground and risk upsetting the EDC and overall handling too much. With EDC on normal the car feels exactly the same, very refined and speed bumps etc are not a problem, even with the VRS CF front splitter. I think it will probably settle and drop a little more - pics were taken this am and ive only driven it 5 miles since the work was completed - but dont think it will drop a huge amount more. So, overall im very pleased with the Eibachs and car seems to corner slightly flatter. When EDC is set to full mode then i admit it is definitely stiffer but again not by a huge amount. Best bit with the EDC is you still have the choice.
The VRS CF bits fitted nice and flush and im very happy with both the look and finish. I chose the VRS II in the end as i think i prefer the shorter CSL look. It looks a bit shite with the stock exhaust - so im hanging out to get my aftermarket exhaust - still cant decide between Remus or Eisenmann RACE - but either way ive got to wait at least 4 weeks to get it - going to make a definite decision by next week and stick to it!!!
The only disappointment with my latest mods are the LED Angel Eye bulbs. You can hardly see them in daylight and i used to love running with the stock bulbs on all the time. However, ive been told they come into their own at dusk - so im going to check it out tonight and take a pic - but im hoping the brighter whiter rings will look good against the white car as opposed to the yellow stock bulbs.
Next phase is already in the planning - im going to remove the front number plate holder, have the holes filled in, respray where needed and then fit my slightly small front plate but without a holder. Im also going to look into having the mesh underneath the number plate sprayed a darker black to try and match the kidney slats. Then im considering a CSL style boot lid. And without doubt i want to make a decision on the exhaust. Im also going to fit a BMC air filter and have the top end speed limiter removed, ideally before the Ring trip!!! Just need Big Tone to take some nice artistic snaps of my car now and hopefully we will get some nice shots from Jochen at the Ring. Cheers chaps!!
Attached Images