View Single Post
      10-19-2020, 09:20 PM   #684
AndiC
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

I learned to drive on my dad's 1997 mitsubishi mirage and that was going to be my first car until my mom totaled it.

Then my parents got a 2001 Elantra which was a heaping pile of crap but felt luxurious compared to the Mirage. The transmission would randomly get stuck on third gear and no mechanic could figure it out. Had to replace the O2 sensor a couple times. Got it with 35K on it. At 70K, the engine exploded and I traded it in for scrap metal which was approximately worth $190.

Then I graduated college and bought a 2015 2.0 Mazda 3 which was my favorite car experience. Drove it everywhere and put 80k+ on it. Might still have kept it but I lived in Philly for 4 years and parked it on the street. It got hit multiple times, with the worst hit making the passenger door hard to open and demolishing the entire side pretty much. Drove it like that for a while because it was a city car and wasn't worth the cosmetic repairs. Got 2k on a trade in and that was a fair deal I suppose. Still fun to drive and chuck around, just a step below a hot hatch.

Once I moved just outside of the city, I got the 2020 330i which is fantastic and I'm super duper happy with it. Such a badass car to whip around in.
Appreciate 0