View Single Post
      06-09-2022, 03:43 PM   #2
daarts
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Solid selection overall. Couple of tweaks I'd suggest if you're open to it.

1. Check out the EK or Lian Li AIOs. They tend to be some of the best performance out there. Just going from a Kraken to 360 to an EK elite 360 made several degrees difference in my CPU temps. Some of the Corsair Cappelix coolers might be good too and allow you to set fan speed based on Water temp for quieter operation.

2. Might just be me, but I'd steer clear of Gigabyte, especially for the motherboard. They've had some really poor QC and warranty practices lately. Maybe check out Asus Rog/Strix or others.

3. You're probably fine running just the 2 2TB M.2 drives without a separate OS drive. Check the speeds of the various M.2 slots on the motherboard you go with as some slots might run at slower speeds or bandwidths. Some great reliable options are the WD Black SN850 and Samsung 980 Pro which should be similar performance or faster than that Hynix drive for around the same price, but from my knowledge have a more proven track record.

4. Your 850 Watt Gold should be fine for this setup. If you're planning on overclocking, you might want to jump up to a 1000W at some point if needed.

This is all based on a recent 5900x and 3080ti build I completed. Hope it helps!
BMWGUYinCO4122.50