View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #20
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Whenever I hear anything off of Michael Jackson's Thriller album I fondly remember an experience with my dad when we traveled to Tokyo for vacation as a young teenager. It was truly thrilling because my dad being a kind of audio buff wanted to see firsthand all the commotion about this new technology called a Compact Disc (CD) and the Sony CD player that was reportedly released in Japan first called the CDP-101.

I just remember being in awe of all this new technology and the fantastic sound coming out of this new format and some high-tech looking speakers they were playing on in a Sony demo room somewhere in Akihabara (heaven for electronic geeks). It didn't take long for my dad to be convinced he had to have one so he subsequently purchased this CD player and brought it home with him. I remember bragging to my friends what we had at our home. As far as I can remember it hadn't yet been released in the US so it felt pretty cool.

I think the first CD bought was Earth Wind & Fire's "Raise!" album and listening to "Let's Groove" was simply magic. Thriller would come soon after that.

NOTE: I forgot to add this was in 1982

Last edited by TiMSport; 03-03-2021 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0