TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEHBTjIYejE

i remember the first time i saw the ocean as a kid and i will forever associate that experience with america's "horse with no name." i was probably 4 or 5 years old and my mother drove my younger sister and me to ocean city maryland just for a day trip. she drove an old pontiac with an 8-track and listened to a variety of 70s classic rock bands. but apparently, "horse with no name" was my favorite, because i kept asking her to play it over and over to sing along during the drive. i do remember lots of sing-alongs with my mom in the car and definitely remember loving this song. i grew up around the chesapeake bay and spent tons of time on / around the water, but seeing, hearing, and smelling the ocean for the first time definitely made an impression on me.
Nice! I can visualize what you're describing. What a great tune. I also like "Ventura Highway".

8-track! Honestly I was considering using that as my intro for this thread because it's just so old school. I had a bunch of stuff on that format including Boston's debut album "Boston", Led Zeppelin "Houses of the Holy", etc. I absolutely hated the fact there was no rewind function to hear a song again so you'd have to fast forward the entire album to get back to the song you want to hear!

To dovetail your memory of being a kid and listening to music in your mom's car, I have a similar memory of Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams". That was my absolute favorite song when I was little. It would often play on the radio and I just wanted to hear it over and over again. There was something mystical about the gypsy looking Stevie Nicks. Who would ever have guessed that song would become super popular again in today's time due to a skate boarding cran-raspberry juice chugging dude on Tik Tok?!
Appreciate 2
happyjack1657.00
Buug95917414.00