Thread: ? about JBD
View Single Post
      02-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
hammick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 335d

OK. I guess I have been outed. Didn't want to go on record I was using one but probably just being paranoid.

I was running 90% and I wasn't sure it was working. Turned it up to 100% and it didn't feel any different. Car didn't throw any codes. I turned it down to 0 and drove a while. Car was slower but not a dramatic difference. I then turned it back up to 100% and I could feel it was faster but not the bat of of hell faster that everyone talks about. After turning it back up to 100% car went into reduced power mode twice. I had the can tool installed and it reset the codes. I then drove around for another half hour without any issues. Car didn't throw any more codes. I can't tell any difference between 90% and 100%.

I can hammer the throttle from a stop in M1 with no traction control intervention. Same goes for shifting from M1 to M2.

It's probably working just fine. My previous car was an '08 M3 so maybe I'm just used to different power. I bought it from Rakimb17 and his car was in a wreck so I was wondering if something might be wrong with it. Terry and Burger thinks its fine. I'll try to get the car on a dyno at some point or find someone in KC that has a chipped D to compare it to.

Last edited by hammick; 02-02-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0