View Single Post
      09-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #72
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I always thought it odd that anti vaccination folk shun medical science, but will follow/agree with somebody like Jenny McCarthy and her like minded group. I feel terrible about what happened to her child and others like them, but I also don’t appreciate her (and again like minded people) spreading false information about vaccines that harm many more children and adults for that matter.

I also found it extremely odd that she rails against vaccines as they are supposedly harmful to children (which, some are/may be), but then decides to endorse a vape product, which is undoubtedly 100% harmful to young (any) people and spreading quickly thanks to endorsements such as hers. It is truly an odd world we live in sometimes.
I agree in general, it is extremely strange the behaviour of some people. Its the same in medicine - I can't tell you the number of stories my doctor friends have told me about patients with serious issues (like cancer) decide to refuse medical treatment because they don't believe in it, but happily turn to naturopaths and swallow whatever they recommend for pills and believe them wholeheartedly.

It is frustrating to me to see this. And then inevitably, they return, with the cancer having spread and there's not much the doctors can do at that point, and of course, who gets blamed - why the doctor of course. Not the naturopath who basically fricking killed them by feeding them a bunch of BS and letting the cancer spread. I have zero respect for naturopaths.

Where I say I agree in general, is that I am not certain if you are drawing a link to anti vaccers and those that don't get the flu shot. I don't think you can if you are. I refused the flu shot for a while, and probably will go back to not getting it, but I will always be vaccinated and all of my kids are (and will continue to be). The flu shot isn't the same really as other vaccines, because those vaccines are treating a disease that is predictable and well known in terms of pathology (I think would be the correct term, but I'm not in medicine). And so they are highly effective at preventing that disease from occurring.

The flu shot, not so much. It might, it might not. They have to guess at the strains and make their choice. Which is why I support anyone who chooses to get the flu shot, and those that don't equally - it's a guess at the end of the day.
Appreciate 1
minn1914078.00