View Single Post
      04-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
just picked up a F83 but currently also have a highly modified X5M and just traded in a w212 E63.

never been on a forum so active and some many post about the same thing.

I cant seem to figure out if offsets are the same on a F80 compared to a F82/83.

looking to purchase a used set of wheels and seeing more f80 wheels.

Seeing a lot of variance on widths and ET depending on lowering method. I will most likely use KW HAS and heard the widest front is 9.5.

So question is do f80 wheels fit on a f83/82
Generally, the offset differences you are seeing are most likely due to suspension differences. KW HAS has big perches and springs on the front that will not allow aggressive widths/offsets without rubbing the tire/wheel. However, you can indeed fit a 10" wide wheel on the front with HAS. Your offset needs to be pushed outward to accommodate it; for some, it pushes out too far. To prevent rubbing on KW HAS with a 10" wheel, your offset has to be to ET20 (give of take a mm) if you want to run a 275 tire. I should encourage you to also run camber plates if you go this route.

If you want a nice flushed look, the safest wheel width/offset for almost all suspension/tire set ups start at around: Front 9.5" ET20. Rear 11" ET40. You can go more or less aggressive depending on your suspension and tire set up. Keep in mind that even this set up won't accommodate snow chains (in case you were wondering).

That being said, the F80 and F82/F83 do indeed accommodate different offsets on the rear when you really push the "fitment" to "maximum flush" (all other things like camber and suspension being equal). The M3 is wider edge to edge but the M4 might have deeper wheel wells (not sure about this).

Last edited by x.shell; 04-03-2017 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0