Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC52E55 View Post
Interesting.

I also happen to have X5 4.8i with sport package, and IS350. I am pretty sure that IS350 is faster than the X5. X5 is pretty fast for a SUV, but you can't really compare a SUV to a car.

But I agree with you on the V8 on the X5. It sounds pretty badass if you put the shifter at N, and revvv it! I do that to annoy others on the street.
I agree that you can't compare the two. The thing that surprised me was that pushing the X5 in Sport mode (transmission not suspension) didn't feel too far off the IS-F. There's no doubt that the IS-F is faster and definitely lighter than the X5. Since the M3 V8 is going to much sportier (higher reving, different exhaust) than the X5, this makes me think that the M3 is going to be much more fun than the IS-F.

Since driving the IS-F, I got to sit in and start up the engine of a M3. The sound even at idle is much sportier than the IS-F. Since it is raining hard today, they didn't want me to take out the M3 so the test drive will have to wait. However, I'm very happy with my choice and look forward to getting my M-DCT coupe in a couple of months.
Appreciate 0