View Single Post
      04-24-2018, 07:53 AM   #18
Eziv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pganders View Post
I would begin to suspect that with the difficulty in getting the steering sorted and initial damage to the roof rails this Car has been in some sort of accident. I think you need to really push the dealer. Do you have photos of the original damage to the roof rails/evidence ce that it was what the dealer claimed?
Yes, by now I also am not willing to ignore anything, hence also listing here all the details. Yet suspicion alone won’t be of any help. As I noted, they said they did the overall car geometry and apparently everything is fine (so they say, at least). I am willing to press them to do more but at one point I just have to come up with something concrete. As otherwise the steps are as follows:
1. I go back and they do another wheel alignment (because that is naturally the first step to do) for which I am charged.
2. Couple of attempts and they (hopefully) make the steering wheel straight.
3. Drive for 1-2k km and then go back to point 1.

Now of course I have a different/additional problem as the car is actually now also pulling to the right. But I am doubtful that after keeping the car for yet another week or so they will fix anything.

As a matter of fact, they just called me after seeing my videos of car pulling to right. The only additional thing — in addition to usual, yet another wheel alignment — they suggest setting the steering wheel to “zero position” as suggested by the manufacturer. Well I hardly see how this is relevant but of course I will still follow their suggestions.

As a last resort I can always try to reject the car. In fact a month ago I already suggested taking a 3.5k hit (not counting in the fact that I purchased extended warranty, installed extra alarm and immobiliser, as required by insurance, etc) and returning them the car. But them being greedy as they are, they were like, sure, you can return it minus 15% of the purchase price and we will make money out of it again.
Appreciate 0