View Single Post
      12-01-2022, 11:53 AM   #235
Shagohod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagohod View Post
Well, I figured I’d get this error at some point, almost 50k miles on the dot and here we go. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, I knew exactly what it was when the problem presented and didn’t freak out.

Warranty has been extremely unresponsive, assuming it stays that way I’ll just tackle the issue myself. The only thing I’m unclear on is whether I should buy a new spring for $10-20 or just follow the video guide and unwind the current spring one revolution. Seems like both solutions work. It’ll probably be a few weeks until I get around to it, heading to the Pikes Peak Hillclimb soon, but I’ll report back with how it goes!
Just to update this post, I did have this issue fixed, shifter assembly was replaced by my local dealership along with a massive amount of other repairs totaling almost $15,000. Thankfully no money out of my pocket because I was rear ended and the other drivers insurance paid for everything. Original quote was $2.5k of damage, quite clearly that ballooned. The good news is after 3 months with a rental(Charger with a 5.7 Hemi) I have my car back and everything seems and looks good as new! After all the time waiting, of course the repairs were complete while I was in Philadelphia picking up a ‘51 Willys, but I was happy that the insurance paid for the rental until I got back.
Appreciate 0