View Single Post
      12-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
BlueX2
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 2018 - xdrive 28i

BMW X2 - From Summers to Winters review (in the dry)

For more images of the BMW X2 feel free to follow me on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/BlueIsTooAwesome/

Summer Tires - Pirelli P ZERO Run Flat Tires - 225/40r20 on 20" BMW wheels
Winter Tires - Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32 non run flat tires- 225/50r18XL 95V on 18" Enkei PDC gloss black wheels

So I spoke about how well I loved the handling of the car in a previous thread... well I take all of that back after throwing on these winter tires.

I know that winter tires are more bouncy and soft, but I thought to myself I should go with something on the performance side of things since I love the drive and handling of the X2 and ended up going with the Blizzak LM-32 non run-flat. Well, it now feels that my drive has been neutered. Where I felt the road, direction of the wheel, the grip of the tire in turns, the bumps in the road, the instant acceleration, the stopping power.. it's all gone.

I was considering going to 19s with Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4S but.. those Pirelli P Zero run flats on 20s really made the drive come alive. So for everyone driving on different sets of tires and wheel sizes I now understand why the drive can be a bit bland now

If you have any tire recommendations for summers I'm all ears. I'm excited to get a new set of wheels and a set of summer tires back on.

Stay tuned for the full winter review (pending a few snow storms). Pretty excited to turn TC off and see how well X-drive will handle in deep snow.

Last edited by BlueX2; 12-19-2018 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 0