05-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #52
///AV_330i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavehm View Post
why not just use the m-sport manual mode and shift it yourself? It's a good idea in theory, but BMW should know that a majority of their customers are driving enthusiasts, and i doubt driving enthusiasts want a car to do all the work for them, takes the fun out of driving. I realize that BMW is trying to gain market share away from Lexus, Audi and Mercedes (aka the non-enthusiast "yuppy brand snob"), but this is almost as bad as the Mercedes Benz commercial that's introducing the new electronic automajic saftey systems that brake/swerve the vehicle for you. In the commercial, the drivers are admitting to "almost falling asleep at the wheel" or "not realizing what was about to pull out in front of my car" etc...that's pretty much admitting your customer base is bored and falling asleep when driving your product, and/or they're idiots that don't pay attention to what they're doing while driving. If i were an ad exec in charge of Mercedes accounts, i would never allow that commercial to air....in my humble opinion...
the majority of their customers are not driving enthusiasts...
unfortunately.
Appreciate 0