View Single Post
      04-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #17
maxbezel
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F48

I just had my front control arms and bushings replaced and...it still clunks. It's maddening. I'm taking my car back in on Monday to get them to check everything that's been mentioned in this post.
I went to an independent garage here in Colorado because my car was 1K miles out of warranty and the dealer said they said the 'could' do a courtesy warranty repair, but they wouldn't. Nice, huh? They know how to win customers!

Back to the clunking. This '16 F48 makes so many noises! The clunking over speed bumps, irregular roads (only on the right side!); the tail gate seems to have its own catalogue of different sounds it makes depending on the terrain; and I swear, there's another clunking that happens *sometimes* when I brake suddenly. (Don't get me started about how 'grabby' these brakes are).
This is about my 10th BMW over the last 30 years and I've never been as disappointed as I have been with this car. Granted, it's a glorified Mini Clubman, and I bear responsibility for the purchase, but damn BMW, this car sucks.
It's for sale, BTW!
Appreciate 0