View Single Post
      04-14-2024, 12:03 PM   #5
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condorll View Post
She doesn't like the X3 40i, too hot to handle for her, …

All comments appreciated!
Here are a few thoughts.

I didn’t test drive the Porsche when I was shopping for my M40i. A friend who owns a Panamera suggested the Macan, but opined that the 4 is “wheezy.”

But if your wife finds the M40i too hot, then the four cylinder Macan might be a good fit.

I read an article in the Wall Street Journal that suggests that the Macan may appreciate in value. That said, I doubt that the four cylinder will be a big part of that.

I’m a bit surprised by her comment about the M40i. I find my M40i quite docile in Comfort or Eco Pro modes with a gentle right foot. Perhaps the ride is a bit less cushy than the 30i, but I find it easy to drive in routine driving, and I can get impressive gas mileage for what it is, especially when droning on the highway. With part throttle I get smooth results that would require stomping on the accelerator in the 30i.

That said, if she doesn’t feel any need for the extra HP, you can save money and get a bit better gas mileage by going with the 30i.

Also, to put things in context, that 30i will out-drag (stock) muscle cars from the ‘70s and ‘80s. Probably out-handle them as well. It is not a slow vehicle. It’s merely the least-fast G01 X3.

If she’d prefer comfort and a cushy ride, a Volvo or Audi might be a better fit. Or Lexus. Etc.
Llarry16726.50