View Single Post
      03-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #18
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Government taxes us enough already ...Sales tax is a state by state regulation. This issue of taxing cross-state commerce has been around before most of you guys (and I) were born. The advent and rapid popularity of e-commerce and ease of buying almost anything on line has just added more fuel to the fire. There are no easy answers and states know it. Every once in a while a state attorney somewhere threatens to take legal action against the big guys and gets some concession in return. Some like Dell, play ball and lay on their sides and let consumer pay up because they don't give a sh*t. Some like Amazon recognize that not charging sales tax brings more business their way and fight it. And it will continue on and on ....
Yep, you are correct here...but with this continued recession....I think that they may get a little more aggressive of trying to figure out a convoluted solution. I really hope not, but time will tell. Not necessarily from the sales perspective, but the purchaser's perspective. I mean, technically the IRS can currently crack down on you for it.
Appreciate 0