07-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #13
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_241987 View Post
I'm trying to remember what RAW does, I mostly shoot in standard or fine, but will check out RAW when I get a Mac.
RAW format lets you adjust the image before saving it to a .jpg. Say you're white balance is off, no problem. Say you're a little over exposed, no problem. Same thing for under exposed, under or over saturated. Just lets you fine tune it before make it a .jpg or what ever file you save it as. It's kind of equal to the dark room if you were to develop your own film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I don't do a lot of PP. I used to just keep pix that came straight out of the camera. However, I've since shoot in RAW so all the pix require a little processing. I usually use the program the Canon DPP program and adjust a few things (takes like 5-10 seconds each) and I'm done. On the other hand I probably spend more time looking for that perfect capture than most people would.
Yeah it doesn't take long and i usually don't have to touch the pic after that. Plus it helps me not get cluttered up with a bunch of files i'm never going to use. Cause if it doesn't get converted to a .jpg, it gets discarded. If you're mindful of composition and a level horizon it does only take a few seconds to make the raw adjustments.

Oh yeah, i'm on a mac too, Macbook pro. Totally worth it. I've had it on for almost a year and a half since i had to reboot because of a hangup.