04-08-2024, 06:43 PM   #32
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eidos View Post
I don't track at 700whp. That map is more for straight line/airstrip fun. My road course map is probably in the low 500's on full E85.

The summer season is also the off season for me since the high ambient temps get pretty miserable and obviously don't help with the cooling situation.

Out of precaution I do a cooldown lap every 2-3 laps to keep all the components and tires happy. In addition, by being 6MT there's no trans cooler blocking all of the valuable air going to the radiator above the intercooler.

With all of the above I've never encountered any coolant temp warnings and don't notice any significant power being pulled.

I am toying with redoing the entire cooling setup, but I don't have the bandwidth right now since I'm juggling a few other projects.
I see, imo I dont like the idea of having to slow down every few laps. A track car should be able to push hard from session start to session stop.

Anyways, I hope you'll be able to work on a cooling setup eventually, I know the OG m2 community badly needs one. IMO I think the solution is as easy as making an intercooler that sits fully infront of the radiator (like the ER or ARM) with end tanks wide enough that a full length s55 radiator can slot down behind it. That will give us the surface area and volume we desperately need.