eugenebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, G22 M440, E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Poor phone signal is hitting the UK’s electric car drivers
04/08/2024
Electric vehicle (EV) drivers could struggle to use around two-thirds of Britain’s most common type of public chargepoint because of patchy mobile signals.
The study found that 66% of Type-2 chargers – which have speeds of up to 8kw – in Britain excluding London are in areas where at least one mobile network provider does not have usable 4G coverage.
“Where signal connectivity at a chargepoint is a problem, drivers might conclude that the charger is at fault, hence undermining the confidence we should be building in the reliability of public charging options for electric vehicles.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/m...-b2524984.html

Happened to me the other day, I was trying to fill up my Toyota Tacoma ICE and I didn't have cell service so I ran out of gas trying to find cell service. NOT
Similar thing happen to me too. I drove my car to the touchless car wash. For some reasons, my phone cannot generate the car wash code due to wifi connection at the gas station. No car wash for me on that day and I can live with it. If this is happen to EV charging issue, that will piss off a lot of the EV drivers
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61799.50