vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Why do you need apply to carry concealed if it is a constitutional/open carry state? Or I guess they kept that, because they can?
They kept the CCW option for people who want to carry concealed.

What apparently got the bill across the finish line and signed was adding incentives to get training to open carry. That's why the state is paying for the CCW class for everyone, since it is the only curriculum available to them. They also added clauses to other laws that add on more mandatory jail time for anyone who commits a faux pax while open-carrying that didn't take the CCW class.

As non-resident owners of property in SC, my DW and I will likely go for the training and apply for the non-resident CCW. Our current NY State unrestricted CCW permits have no reciprocity with any other state, and NY State does not grant reciprocity to anyone and will even arrest people passing through with pistols in trunk-mounted lockboxes or at the airports in TSA-approved carrying safes.....